We expect all the Cubs in the pack to be in uniform by the November Pack Meeting. The uniform parts you’ll need are:
- A Cub Scout blue uniform shirt
- A council strip for the National Capital Area Council (for the left shoulder)
- A 4, 6 and 8 (left shoulder under council strip) (white numbers on red backing for the blue uniform, 6 and 9 are the same patch)
- A World Brotherhood patch (above left pocket)
- A den number (right shoulder under flag). Please check with your Den Leader to know the correct Den number.
- A Cub Scout blue belt (necessary as a place for the Scout to wear their adventure achievements).
The neckerchief and slide are presented by the Pack. For younger scouts, we suggest you purchase the shirt a little big, so it will last a couple of years. You can purchase tons of extras, such as hats, T-shirts and sweat shirts. Some kids like the hat. For trousers, everybody wears blue jeans. There are Official Cub Scout trousers, but most find the jeans to be more flexible.
The uniform should be worn to all Cub Scout functions, such as Den Meeting and Pack Meetings, unless otherwise indicated. A Cub Scout related T-shirt, often called a Class B uniform, can be substituted in cases where the uniform may get dirty or damaged.
You can purchase scout supplies at the Scout Shop in Bethesda (9190 Rockville Pike; at the intersection of Rockville Pike and West Cedar Lane; right across the street from NIH) or online at www.scoutstuff.org.
For placement of badges, visit the Cub Scout page at http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts.aspx or http://bsauniforms.org/
The Uniform Exchange
The Uniform Exchange is free. If it fits it is yours. Please check your closets for out grown clean uniforms and parts for Cubs, Boy and Venturing and donate them to the uniform exchange. (You do not have to bring anything to take something home.) Youth and adult uniforms and parts are accepted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to make arrangements to shop the Uniform exchange. Waist size is need when requesting short or pants. Neck size is needed when requesting shirts.